SOME IDEAS for Fennel!
- Sprinkle chopped fennel leaves on hot baked oysters or clams.
- Add cooked fennel to omelets, quiches, stuffings or sauces.
- Add stalks to stocks for their flavor.
- Add sliced sauteed fennel to fish chowders.
- Cook fennel in your favorite tomato sauce.
- Place stalks and leaves on barbeque coals as they do in France. The fennel scent permeates the grilled food.
- Slice steamed or blanched fennel, cover with a vinaigrette and serve chilled.
- Chop raw fennel and add to tuna fish sandwiches.
- Slice fennel thin and layer with raw potatoes, cream and cheese to make a potato au gratin.