Cara Cara Oranges --
a particular type of orange grown in South Africa, Venezuela and California and Florida -- are delightful for a number of reasons...for starters, they're seedless!
Add to that the fact that their orange exteriors belie their pinkish, ultra-sweet interior, and suddenly they're in the running for the best fruit of all time.
Try this Cara Cara Salsa:
- 1 Cara Cara orange, peeled, segmented and diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp. onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp. jalapeño pepper, minced
- 4 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine salsa ingredients: Cara Cara orange segments, cherry tomatoes,
onion, jalapeño, lemon juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Delicious!